Monday, June 29, 2015

It's go time!

     So, tomorrow is my big surgery. Today I had to go have an injection in my right breast of some radioactive liquid to map out my sentinel node(s). I had heard it was quite painful and asked the radiologist. He gave me a very 'medical' explanation about injecting right near the nipple which has a lot of nerve endings. So, yes it will be painful. I have to admit, it was not bad. A couple of deep breathes and it was done. Then you wait around for 20 mins and go get some x-ray like pictures taken. Done. Time for ice cream!  Yes, Hubby and I ate ice cream for dinner.
     Prior to this fun of 4 injections in my nipple, I had to do one of the most difficult things I have ever done....hand peanut over to my mom.  My mother lives almost 2.5 hours from me, so we met in the middle for some quick lunch (I didn't feel much like eating) and load up Z's 2+ suitcases! She was fine until I strapped her into her car seat and she started to get upset. "Why do you have to go? Why can't you come with me? Why did you get breast cancer?"  Wow! That was tough, but smiles, hugs and nose blowing got her through it. I got a text a little while later that she was very busy playing with her cousins.
     I am ready and waiting to get this done and move on. I will see you all on the other side!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment